|| Whole Turkey
(cooking and cutting methods and recipes)
Parts and Pieces (cooking methods and recipes)
- Roast Turkey Recipes overview points to 3 recipes (((remove)))
- Turkey Cooking Recipe for a traditional roast turkey at 325 degrees F.
- Oven Roasted Turkey This is the High Heat Recipe - sometimes referred to as the two hour turkey.
- Simple Roast Turkey Recipe Here you will find just the steps necessary to make a great turkey. No special equipment or complicated steps are required.
- Cooking Turkey Convection Oven tips to make your turkey come out quick, juicy, and delicious.
- Turkey Barbecue preparing hot smoked turkey in your backyard using everything from a covered grill to a dedicated smoker.
- Rotisserie Turkey recipe and technique: How to prepare a turkey on a rotisserie.
- Deep Fried Turkey Recipe Step by Step Instructions to help you to safely deep fry a delicious turkey.
- How to carve a turkey part one of how to carve a turkey with links to part 2.
- Carve a Turkey part 2 - After the wings and legs are removed there are two options to carving the turkey breast, and they provide surprisingly different results.
- How To Debone a Turkey Illustrated description by butcher Water Fuller explaining how to debone a turkey.
- Turducken Recipes and the process of making turducken, turducken for two, and a Royal Roast, also known as a three bird roast.
Select Turkey to Cook
- Ground Turkey Overview of ground turkey - what it is, how to understand the label, how to use it, and why it can be such a healthy food.
- Ground Turkey Recipes Ground turkey recipes including: Turkey Burgers and Turkey Taco
- Grilled Turkey Recipe for turkey pieces with a charcoal or gas grill.
- Turkey Tails Turkey Tails Recipes for the controversial part of a turkey
- Turkey Skin is the favorite part of the turkey for many people. Here is information about how to get it, cook it, and use it.
- Selecting The Turkey is critical - this is your main ingredient! You have many choices, this will help you to choose carefully.
- Thawing a Turkey 3 safe methods to defrost or thaw a turkey for cooking: slow method - fast method - no defrost defrosting method
- Frozen to Oven No Thaw Turkey No Thaw Turkey - Frozen to Oven Turkey: A turkey made to be roasted frozen.
- How to Brine a Turkey Should you Brine your Turkey? And which method should you use if you decide to brine.
- Brining a Turkey The hows and whys and pros and cons of WET BRINING a turkey - soaking it in a flavored salt water solution to prepare it for cooking
- Turkey Brining Recipe Step by step instructions and recipes for wet brining.
- Dry Turkey Brine The dry brine alternative.
How Long to Cook a Turkey
- Turkey Rub How to create turkey rub (wet and dry), paste, barbecue sauce, basting sauce, marinade, and finishing sauce from turkey seasoning.
- Turkey Marinade some of the best recipes for making a turkey marinade to inject into a turkey deep fried or not.
- Turkey Barbecue Sauce Turkey Barbecue Sauce including Kansas City Sauce, Alabama White Sauce, and Owensboro Black Sauce.
Tips and Techniques
- Dark and White Meat Overcoming the difference in cooking times between the two types of meat on a turkey.
- Low Fat Turkey is a good thing and a bad thing, here is how to capitalize on the good and overcome the bad.
- Subtle Flavor Turkey has a subtle flavor - this is a great attribute if you know how to use it.
- Proustian Phenomenon or recalled memory stimulated by smell will help your turkey celebration.
- Money Saving Turkey Want a money saving turkey as your celebratory bird - here are inexpensive taste test winners.
- Secret Ingredient Here we unlock turkey cooking secrets to help you create the perfect turkey.
- Dry Turkey A turkey can turn out dry - rather than serving it as is, try these steps to improve your dry turkey.
Turkey Cooking Secrets Here we unlock turkey cooking secrets to help you create the perfect turkey. (((remove from SM and add 7th secret (Dry Turkey))))
- Turkey Recipes from this site are indexed on this page.
- Spring Turkey Roulade a rolled turkey breast with spring greens, pine nuts and thyme.
- Hot Brown the updated recipe for the 1920's classic Hot Brown created at the Brown Hotel in Louisville Kentucky.
- Easter Turkey Easter Turkey combined with the flavors of spring can create a memorable fest.
- Unwriteable Ground Turkey Recipe it is not only based on what you like, and what your family and guests prefer, but also on what you have on hand at any given time.
- Picadillo Ground Turkey this is an easy recipe for ground turkey that can be made into everything from Sloppy Joes to Papas Rellenas.
- Dindon Sauce Ratatouille this Dindon Sauce Ratatouille is a turkey and vegetable stew based on a recipe by Chef Jérôme Ferrer.
- Leftover Turkey Recipes how to use up the turkey without getting bored.
Info and Fun
- Raising Turkeys find and share information about small scale turkey raising.
- How to Raise Turkeys links to general authoritative information about the process of raising small flocks of turkeys.
- Turkey Poults what to think about before buying turkey poults.
- Baby Turkeys Baby Turkeys need special equipment and special attention to get them off to a good start.
- Turkey Pen confines and protects your turkey. Here are designs and plans for turkey pens and shelters.
- Turkey Feed because turkeys are such fast growing birds it is important to use correctly formulated feed.
- Raising Turkey selecting the breed. Information about various breeds and why to choose them.
Pages Submitted by our turkey raising readers
- Turkey Breeds Turkey Breeds: wild turkeys, heritage turkeys and standard turkeys, commercial turkeys, history of breeds, subspecies and varieties.
- Turkey History A brief history about the bird - how survival of the fittest lost out to designer birds.
- Turkey Facts Turkey Facts and Trivia: odds and ends about the bird.
- Turkey Quiz This is an unusual Turkey Quiz along with answers to the turkey questions and other turkey trivia.
- Slow Food How Slow Food saved the Heritage Turkey
- Turkey Inspection and Grading Turkey inspection and grading: does it make your food safe?
- The Perfect Turkey RSS What it is.
Creating the Web site
- The Perfect Turkey Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the-perfect-turkey.com Web site. Subscribe here.
Return to Home